There are two themes for this month’s Power BI Desktop update. The first is a focus on some of your major asks including multi-selecting data points across multiple charts and syncing slicer values across multiple pages of your report. We also have a major update to our SAP HANA connector. Our second theme is a focus on performance improvements across three different areas of our product.
For my opinion the main features are:
1) Multi-select data points across multiple charts
2) Sync slicers across multiple pages of your report
3) Faster geocoding for Bing maps (web preview)
4) Overflow data labels for bar and column charts
5) Search the formatting and analytics pane
6) Mark custom date table
7) UTCNOW() and UTCTODAY()
8) as T-Accounts visuals
9) Improvements to DirectQuery over SAP HANA (preview)
Let's see how the power query cache works (in both Excel and Power BI Desktop). A "persistent cache" stored on disk, when refr...
As we start the new year, we’re excited to announce we’re rolling out report sharing to users worldwide. Now reports and dashboards have the...
The composite model expects to have huge tables as a DirectQuery source and some smaller tables in import mode. When we talk about huge tabl...